Are you searching for allergy-free lunch ideas?
School is back and parents everywhere are pulling out their hair trying to create healthy, fun, allergy-free lunch ideas.
If you’re looking for help in the lunch department here are a few simple tips to make the lunch box event easier and stress free that are also gluten, dairy and nut free.
Take time each week to jot down lunch menus for the week that way you know what to shop for and what you’ll be making for lunches.
Have a couple of wide mouth thermoses. These are great for leftovers, soups and casseroles.
Have some plastic or glass containers that have compartments so you can pack multiple food items for lunch time.
Purchase a dehydrator and make beef jerky, dried fruits, flax crackers and kale chips.
Make It Visually Fun
Presentation does go a long way. Having options for kids makes eating more fun and much more exciting that just a sandwich. Fill the containers with colourful fruits, vegetables, and dips. Cutting fruit into fun shapes can entice kids to eat it too.
Depending on the age of your child ask them help with lunch making so they can have a say in what goes into their lunch bag.
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free Lunch Ideas
- Hummus with cut up zucchini, carrots, celery and peppers
- Apple Muffins
- Salsa with corn chips
- Sliced cucumber lengthwise and fill with tuna fish or dairy free cream cheese, place other half of cucumber on top to make a cucumber sandwich
- Smoothies made with coconut milk
- Daiya dairy free cream cheese with mashed dates on gluten free bread or crackers
- Celery filled with Daiya cream cheese or seed butter with raisins on top
- Leftover chicken drumsticks with cut up vegetables
- Gluten Free Pretzel Chicken Nuggets
- Homemade soup with gluten free crackers for on top- (Try Happy Planet Soups)
- Beans and healthy wieners or sausages
- Bread free roll ups using gluten free deli meats (Try Maple Leaf Natural Selections or Piller’s Fine Foods)
- Rice cakes with nut free nutella spread, or chocolate banana spread
- Gluten Free Trail Mix- Gluten free cereal with raisins, dairy free chocolate chips and Mary’s gluten free pretzels
- Deviled eggs with olives on top
- The Good Bean Roasted Chickpeas
- Chia Squeeze are fun and colourful for kids
- Veggie’s Go’s fruit and vegetable strips
- Skinny Pop Popcorn