Recipes for green smoothies are showing up everywhere. The internet , magazines, on your best friends fridge.
Every time you drink or eat you are either creating disease in your body or fending if off. Smoothies and green shakes are an excellent way to incorporate vegetables into your body in one serving.
So why would you want to drink green smoothies?
1) They are so easy to make- add vegetables into your high speed blender and some water and you have a smoothie
2) They fill you up- fibre from vegetables is filling
3) You can make them with vegetables you like- add in your favourite vegetables and liquid to your smoothies
4) They are portable- smoothies are great to make and take with you on the road, to work or the gym
5) Relieves constipation naturally- full of fibre and water green smoothies will help you go to the bathroom
Smoothies are healthy- well at least some of them are. The ones that are simply full of fruit are really no better than fruit juice, but if you decide that you want to incorporate more vegetables into your diet here is an amazing recipe that literally tastes like a salad in a glass.
1/2 English cucumber ( approx 2 inches)
1/4 of a large avocado
1 celery stalk
handful of spinach
handful of cilantro (optional)
2 small cherry tomatoes
1 1/2 cups water
1 tsp sea salt
Mix all ingredients in blender. Enjoy