Summer is here and time to make homemade summer popsicles!
Why make homemade? Because store bought popsicles contain high amounts of fructose corn syrup which is toxic to the body. They also tend to contain artificial colourings which have been linked to cancer.
By making your own homemade summer popsicles you control the sugar content and leave behind the chemicals, plus many kids who have food allergies cannot have store bought frozen treats.
Using frozen or fresh fruit and dairy free milks are a great way to provide a healthy treat for kids- add in some ground chia or even hempseeds to add some protein to your pops! Check out the recipes below and enjoy! If you are looking for more popsicle recipes check this strawberry popsicle recipe.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen peaches
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- Blend ingredients in a food processor until smooth
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze
- 2 cups frozen peaches
- 1- 1 1/2 cups vanilla hemp milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- pinch cardamom
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and pour into popsicle molds and freeze
What is your favourite popsicle flavour? Comment below…