It’s barbeque season and flank steak is an inexpensive cut of beef that is delicious when marinated.
Flank steak marinade is the perfect way to make flank steak tasty on the grill. Let me know how you enjoy this recipe.
- 1/4 cup tamari ( gluten-free soy sauce)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 small lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1lb flank steak
- Mix tamari, garlic, oil, oregano and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Put flank steak in a glass pan and pour marinade over top and let marinate in the fridge for at least 5 hours
- Heat bbq to high heat
- Salt and pepper the flank steak and put onto bbq and singe each side, then cook for another few minutes
- You want your steak to be medium rare
- Remove from grill and let sit for 5 minutes, then cut against the grain into small strips
- If you cannot have soy, you can marinate your beef in just olive oil and lemon juice- simply add more lemon juice and olive oil
Let me know how you enjoy this marinade and if you have ever barbequed flank steak
Original Recipe by Shirley Plant