What’s healthier than giving your Valentine candy?
Making them this delicious Chocolate Cherry Shake for Valentine’s Day.
Forget the box of sugary chocolate this Valentine’s Day. Give the gift of health.Treat your loved one to a healthy meal or make them this delicious chocolate cherry shake, packed full of healthy ingredients.
Often times we forget that a simple hug, a good book or warm bath is more heartfelt than the same old box of chocolates on Valentines Day.
I love making my own smoothies as you can add whatever healthy ingredients you like to them. Nut milks provides protein, frozen berries offers natural sweetness, avocados a healthy fat. You can even add in a handful of spinach and your kids or husband will never know it’s in their smoothie.
This cherry, chocolate shake is filled with healthy ingredients.
- Cocoa, which can lower LDL cholesterol, boost endorphins, elevate mood, and is full of antioxidants.
- Almond butter is a super healthy plant protein which keeps our blood sugars stable
- Coconut milk provides healthy fats that keep our brain working, and help us to feel full for longer periods of time.
- Cherries are packed with antioxidants and cancer preventive compounds. Plus, they help to lower risk of stroke, reduce inflammation, and are great to lower post exercise muscle pain.
- Avocado is a healthy fat that provides amazing nutrition
- Complete Protein Powder contains 17 different plants and is vegan, non gmo, gluten and dairy free.
If you are looking for more healthy Valentine Day recipes, be sure to check out these delicious chocolate cherry cupcakes. They are free from gluten, dairy and eggs.
Say I love you with a Chocolate Cherry Shake, this Valentine’s Day!
- 1 cup frozen organic cherries
- 1 cup Silk unsweetened coconut milk or nut milk
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 scoop of Dutch Chocolate Complete Smoothie mix (contains 17 plants) or 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 slice of avocado
- Blend all ingredients until smooth
Original Recipe by Shirley Plant