Spring, Summer, Winter and Fall, I love making salads. At this time of year when I am at the farmers market there is so much fresh, local produce to buy. I love to buy bunches of radishes and combine them in salads.
Did you know that besides the natural zing and satisfying crunch to radishes they have some amazing health properties:
- Aids digestion
- Prevents viral infections
- Eliminates toxins
- Protects against cancer
- Relieves indigestion
- Low in calories
- High water content
- Contains vitamin C, phosphorus and zinc
How do you like to eat radishes?
Here is a simple cabbage radish slaw recipe, let me know how you enjoy it in the comments below area.
- 4 cups sliced green or purple cabbage, or a mix of both
- 1 small bunch radishes, approx 10-12, sliced
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Mix salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice and salt together and pour over salad- let marinate for 40 minutes