10 Reasons you need plant based omegas in your life…..
Omega fatty acids are essential, this is why the are called essential fatty acids. As a result, our bodies need them to function optimally.
Our bodies can’t make omega fatty acids. We need to get them from our diet. The problem is, no one eats a diet varied enough to get all the essential fatty acids that our body needs.
Maybe you’ve heard that your body needs omega fatty acids, as a result you’ve opted to take a fish oil capsule? The problem with fish oil is it only offers omega-3.Think about where the fish are getting their omegas from? Plants! Who wants to kill fish when we can get omegas from plants?
Our body needs a proper ratio of omega 3,5,6,7 and 9 in our diets. This is because each omega has a different function in our body. The typical Standard American Diet is heavy in omega-6 so it’s important to obtain a good balance of all the omega fatty acids.
Here are more than 10 reasons you need plant based omegas.
Omega-3 found in wild salmon, cod, walnuts, flaxseed and seaweed. It helps to:
- Improve heart health (they increase good cholesterol HDL)
- Lower blood pressure
- Promote strong bones
- Reduce inflammation
- Promote bone and joint health- so important for people with arthritis
- Support brain health especially for a fetus during pregnancy
- Protects eyes health to avoid macular degeneration, cataracts and dry eyes
- Reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Reduce symptoms of ADHD
- Can fight age related mental decline and Alzheimer’s disease
- Alleviate menstrual pain
If you are looking for a healthy salmon recipe, click here
Omega-5 is found in pomegranates and coconut oil. It helps to:
- improve skin and hair growth
- lower the risk of wrinkles
- restores antioxidant enzymes in the body
Omega-6 is found in almonds, eggs, poultry, whole grains, sunflower seeds. It helps to:
- Stimulates skin and hair growth
- Maintains proper bone health
- Regulates metabolism
- Supports cardiovascular health
- Regulate inflammation
If that body gets too much Omega 6 it can cause the opposite to happen and increase inflammation,
Omega-7 is found in macadamia nuts, sea buckthorn oil, avocado, anchovy, grass- fed meats. It helps to:
- Improve symptoms of insulin resistance
- Promotes healthy skin
- Lowers inflammation
- Supports normal cholesterol levels
- Improves satiety- keeping you feeling full for longer
Omega-9 is found in olive oil, almond oil, cashew oil, avocado oil, walnut oil. It helps to:
- Reduces inflammation
- Improves metabolic health
Now that you know all the amazing health benefits that come from Omega Fatty Acids, you might be wondering how to eat a range of Omega foods every day?
One of my favourite nutraceuticals to recommend to clients is a plant based Omega blend. This is the only plant based Omega that includes a healthy ratio of Omega 3,5,6,7 and 9.
Not only can you take the Omega internally but you can open up the capsule and rub the oil on your skin. This way your skin gets Omegas from the inside and outside of your body.
To order your plant based Omega’s simple email me at email@example.com