Wild Salmon with Basil Pesto
My husband and I love wild salmon We also love pesto which makes this wild salmon with basil pesto a recipe to come back to over and over again.
I personally make a dairy-free pesto version that is still packed with flavor. You can enjoy the pesto on ANY fish, making it really versatile.
Salmon is prized for its health benefits. This fatty fish is loaded with omega- 3 fatty acids, which most people don’t get enough. Plus, we need to obtain our essential fatty acids from our diet as our body cannot make them.
Check out the many reasons you want to opt for wild salmon in this article by Dr. Josh Axe.
Wild salmon is a better option than farmed salmon because it is:
- caught in natural environments
- higher in nutritional content
- not full of pollutants and antibiotics
- less fatty and has fewer calories
- higher in minerals, including potassium, zinc and iron
Here is one of my favourite Salmon Recipes for you to try!
- 1 lb wild salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 3 walnuts
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 cups mixed salad greens- (romaine, arugula, endive)
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- tomatoes, diced (optional)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat barbeque or oven to 350F. If cooking in oven place salmon on a greased oven dish. If cooking on barbeque use wire mesh container or cook in greased aluminum foil
- Cook salmon for approx 10-12 minutes depending on thickness of fish
- Wash and dry salad greens and place in a bowl. Add in chopped cucumber, red onion and tomatoes. Many of my followers tell me that they cannot eat tomatoes, so you can leave the tomatoes out of this recipe
- To make basil pesto- wash and dry basil and parsley. Place basil and parsley in food processor. Add in lemon juice, sea salt, olive oil, walnuts and garlic
- Place salad greens on plate. Place salmon on top of salad greens and top salmon with basil puree
Original Recipe by Shirley Plant
5 responses to “Wild Salmon with Basil Pesto”
493144 107434Dead written subject matter, Really enjoyed reading by way of . 859131
836286 451876I wish I had a dime for every bad post Ive read lately. I also wish other writers had your talent and style. Thank you. 432994
789194 751583I came to the exact conclusion as effectively some time ago. Fantastic write-up and I is going to be confident to look back later for much more news. 989550
724208 968045It can be tough to write about this topic. I feel you did an exceptional job though! Thanks for this! 443554