This recipe is free of dairy products, wheat, yeast, corn, sugar, eggs, soy, nuts, nightshades, and gluten.
- Olive oil
- 6 cups zucchini, sliced (approx. 3-4 large zucchini) (1.5 L)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 cups water or vegetable soup stock (750 mL – 1L)
- 1 tsp basil (5 mL)
- 1 tsp oregano (5 mL)
- 1 tsp sea salt (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 can beans – navy, lima, or northern beans
- handful of parsley or watercress to garnish (optional)
- Cut zucchini info small chunks. In a soup pot, heat oil and add onions and cook until soft, approximately 2 minutes. Add soup stock or water, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, and simmer for 15 minutes until zucchini is soft.
- Add canned beans and parsley and purée with hand-held blender.
- You can serve this soup hot or cold.