- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup cabbage, sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6 cups stock or water
- 2 tsp fresh ground ginger
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp sea salt
- olive oil or camelina oil
- In a soup pot add a little oil to the bottom of the pot and cook onions for 2-3 minutes. Add in squash and carrots and let them sweat for a few minutes. Add in ginger and turmeric, stir into vegetables. Add stock or water, sea salt and cabbage. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 20- 30 minutes. Sometimes I like to make this more of a hearty soup so I will add in a half cup of millet, quinoa or rice.
- If you follow a Paleo diet you might like to use chicken or beef stock in this recipe.
Original Recipe by Shirley Plant