Made without butter and marshmallows, this healthier version of Rice Crispie Squares is packed full of protein, fibre, and natural sweetness, plus they are dairy, gluten and nut free.
In this recipe I used tahini (ground sesame seeds), brown rice puffs, raw seeds, brown rice syrup, pumpkin puree and raisins. Give them a try and let me know what you think in the comments section below. I hope you love them as much as my family does. I put them in the fridge last night to harden and as you can see someone has already taken a square for his snack today at work.
Benefits of Tahini:
- It’s rich in minerals and iron
- It’s a great source of calcium
- It contains a high amount of protein
- It’s easy for the body to digest
- It contains unsaturated fat, the good kind
- In a pot heat tahini, brown rice syrup and pumpkin puree until it combines nicely
- In a large bowl put rice puffs, raisins, and seeds.
- Pour warm tahini mixture onto rice puffs and mix well
- Pour into a parchment lined 8×8 square pan and put in the fridge to set
- Cut into squares and enjoy
Original Recipe by Shirley Plant