Sweet Potato Lentil Soup is so easy to make. Whether for yourself or entertaining I promise this is a delicious recipe that is so nutritious.
- 1 cup red lentils
- 5 cups water or vegetable broth ( Try Pacific Brand)
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion or leek, chopped
- 1 large or 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- olive oil
- Wash and drain lentils
- In a soup pot with a little olive oil saute onion or leek for a few minutes. Add in sweet potato, carrots and ginger and saute for another minute.
- Add in lentils and water or stock and salt.
- Bring to a boil for a few minutes and then simmer on medium for 20 minutes or until sweet potato is soft
- Puree in blender or with a hand held blender until smooth
Original Recipe by Shirley Plant