- 1 can chickpeas ( 14 fl.oz, 398 ml)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 5 tbsp olive or camelina oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 whole roasted red pepper
- sea salt to taste
- To roast a red pepper, cut in half, clean out seeds and place face down on a tray. Place under broiler and cook until skin is black. Remove from oven and cover with a tea towel to trap steam. When cool, remove blackened skin.
- In a food processor blend chickpeas, garlic, tahini, oil, cumin, salt, lemon juice and red pepper until smooth.
Original Recipe by Shirley Plant