These pumpkin brownies are delicious and healthy, plus they do not contain eggs, gluten, dairy, soy or nuts.
For years after I found out I had multiple food allergies all I wanted was a brownie. Since I was no longer able to eat eggs, dairy, gluten or soy it left me unable to make my Mom’s brownie recipe which I had been eating and enjoying for many years. I tried variations and used substitutes but nothing really worked.
Years later my nutrition clients would often ask if I had a good brownie recipe that was free of gluten, nuts, eggs an dairy. So for all of you who asked or are looking for a brownie recipe, here you go, enjoy!
- 1 cup Bob’s gluten free flour
- 1/3 cup Green and Black’s cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup So Delicious unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp chia seed
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips ( I used Camino bittersweet chipits)
- pinch sea salt
Original recipe by Shirley Plant
Photo by Vanessa Ronksley