Pear spread is easy to make and will be a nice change from jams and applesauce.
Fall is in the air and apples and pears are a plenty at your local farmers markets and grocery stores.
Pears are an excellent source of dietary fibre, antioxidants, flavonoids, minerals and vitamins, plus most kids and adults alike love pears.
- 4 bartlett pears, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamon
- 1 tbsp ground chia seed
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Place cut up pears in a large pot and cook on low heat
- Add in remaining ingredients and cook until pears are soft
- Stir often
- Remove from heat and puree in a high speed blender or food processor
- Keep in a sealed jar in the fridge, spread over gluten free toast, biscuits or serve in a bowl with coconut milk and nuts