A quick and easy snack to make for school or work. These nut free energy balls are free from nuts yet packed full of protein and fit in with a vegan or paleo diet.
Check out the health benefits of some of ingredients in these energy balls
Sunflower seeds are an excellent source of vitamin E, copper and vitamin B1.
One tablespoon of hemp seeds contains 152 milligrams of potassium, 1.6 grams of fibre and 5.3 grams of protein, along with 13 percent of your daily need for iron, and 8 percent of your daily Vitamin A.
Flavonoid- rich cocoa helps to lower blood pressure and has higher antioxidant levels than black tea or red wine.
Chia seeds are high in omega-3 fatty acids, fibre and protein and since the Aztec warriors ate them to give them energy and endurance they are a perfect addition to any energy ball.
What’s not to love about ginger’s antibacterial, antiviral, anti-parasitic and antioxidant properties?
- 3/4 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp pure cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp ground chia seed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 large medjool dates, or use 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor until mixture sticks together.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and roll in coconut
- Store in the fridge