Kohlrabi Cabbage Salad Recipe
Check out this delicious Kohlrabi Cabbage Salad Recipe
This time of year is the perfect time to make salads with seasonal vegetables, so give this Kohlrabi Cabbage Salad Recipe a try. Cabbage, radishes and kohlrabi are plentiful and so tasty.
Kohlrabi cabbage salad is a nice change from your regular green leaf lettuce salads.
Kohlrabi, is part of the Brassica family which includes cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, collard greens and Brussel sprouts. Kohlrabi has a mild sweet flavour when eaten raw in salads or used for vegetable dips. It comes in two distinct colours; green and purple.
Health benefits of Kohlrabi:
- Sweet and crisp high in vitamin C and fibre
- Contains B vitamins
- Has good levels of minerals; cooper, calcium, potassium, manganese, iron, and phosphorus
- Improves body metabolism
- Boosts immune system
- Reduces risk of breast and prostate cancer
Selection and Preparation
Choose medium to small kohlrabi during the months of November to March. Large kohlrabi can sometimes be woody and hard. If you are keeping kohlrabi for more than 3 days, store in the fridge.
My favourite way to eat fresh kohlrabi is to peel it and eat it raw or add it to salads or coleslaw
- 2 cups kohlrabi, sliced and peeled
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 6-8 radishes, sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- sea salt to taste
- Farm Boy Mediterranean Salad Dressing or simple dress with olive oil and lemon juice. If you are histamine sensitive just dress with olive oil and sea salt.
- Cut vegetables and place in a salad bowl. Add dressing, toss and serve
One response to “Kohlrabi Cabbage Salad Recipe”