These jam sandwich cookies are super fun to make whether for the holidays or any time of year. They are free of gluten, dairy, and eggs.
They are low in sugar and high in protein so they make for a healthier holiday cookie. So have fun and make up a batch of these jam sandwich cookies. You can even double the batch and freeze some so when company comes you have some cookies on hand.
- 2 cups almond flour
- raspberry or strawberry jam – I like to use St Dalfour no sugar added jam
- 1/2 cup Earth’s Balance Organic Spread or you could use coconut oil or butter if you are okay with dairy and casein
- 3/4 cup almond butter, cashew butter or natural peanut butter
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup or honey depending how sweet you like your cookies
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- Melt buttery spread on the stove
- In a food processor place all ingredients except jam.
- Mix until mixture comes together
- Roll into small balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet
- Flatten with a fork
- Place a tablespoon of jam on half of the cookies
- Top the jam filled cookies with a plain cookie
- Bake 350F for 18 minutes or until done
Original Recipe by Shirley Plant