This gluten free chocolate zucchini loaf is made with teff flour.
Teff is a healthy, delicious gluten free flour substitute. I like to combine it with other flours so that it makes for a lovely consistency in this gluten free chocolate zucchini loaf.
If you are looking for more gluten free recipes made with teff flour, be sure to check out my chocolate chip raisin teff cookies.
Why choose teff flour?
- it’s easy to digest
- teff contains minerals like calcium, iron and copper
- it can help to lower blood pressure
- teff is diabetes friendly
- a versatile gluten free flour
Give this recipe and try and let me know if you love it as much as our family does.
- 3/4 cup teff flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or agave or honey
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry. Mix in zucchini, then chocolate chips
- Spread into a loaf pan
- Bake for 50 minutes
Original Recipe by Shirley Plant