Gluten Free Blueberry Banana Pancakes
These gluten free blueberry, banana pancakes are easy to make, delicious and healthy. Plus, they are dairy free and egg free as well.
Using almond flour and almond milk in this recipe provides us with added protein at breakfast time,. This will allow us to stay feeling fuller longer and not get a sugar rush after breakfast. Using fruit to sweeten makes these pancakes delicious all on their own so you don’t need to add maple syrup if you are watching your sugar intake.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot, tapioca or potato starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil plus more for the pan
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- In a food processor mix banana, coconut oil and milk together until frothy
- Add in almond flour, starch and baking powder and mix.
- You want your pancake not to be too thick or too runny
- Add in blueberries
- Heat some coconut oil in a pan and pour batter to make individual pancakes, once you see bubbles, flip pancakes
- Top with maple syrup