Easter Cookies are easy to make.
It’s Easter time and one of my close friends is allergic to chocolate, so every year I make up a new recipe for her so she feels special.
This year I created these tasty Easter Cookies. They are chock full of healthy ingredients like pumpkin puree, currants, oats and cardamom.
One of my favourite spices is cardamom. It’s small pod delivers a pleasant aroma and flavour and is used in Indian cuisine.
Sometimes we overindulge at Easter time so it’s good to know that the spice cardamom which hails from India, Nepal and Bhutan has some amazing health benefits, here they are.
Health Benefits of Cardamom:
- Improves blood circulation
- Contains anti-carcinogenic properties
- Controls cholesterol
- Used to treat urinary disorders
- Helps with gastrointestinal diseases
- Contains anti-depressant properties
- Helps with muscle spasms
- Useful for dental disease
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup currants
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes
- Form into cookies and bake 350F for 20 minutes