This dried fruit pie is so delicious and can be made at any time of the year.
Why not make Mom this dried fruit pie for Mother’s Day!
Softy, chewy dried fruits. Packed full of nutrition, they are the perfect snack. I especially love the Fruit Bliss organic dried fruits, so yummy.
Here are the ingredients for making dried fruit pie. Plus, you can buy Fruit Bliss online and have it shipped right to your door. No need to go to the health food store.
Stay home, stay safe.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup cooked sweet potato
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 oz pouch of soft dried organic dates
- 6 oz pouch of soft dried organic figs
- 6 oz pouch of soft organic dried plums
- 6 oz pouch of soft dried organic apricots
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- grated rind of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup chia gel ( 1/2 cup water + 3 tbsp ground chiaseed, mix and let sit for 20 minutes
- shredded coconut for topping
- chopped walnuts for topping
- Place nuts in a food processor and blend until fine. Add remaining crust ingredients and process until well mixed.
- Line a 9 inch pie plate with parchment paper. Place crust ingredients onto the pie plate and press down with your hands, covering the bottom and sides of the pie plate.
- For filling, add fruit and water to a pot and cook in medium low heat for 30-40 minutes. Stir frequently to avoid burning. Cook until fruit is very soft and breaking apart. Remove from the stove and place in food processor. Add lemon juice, cinnamon, orange rind and chia seed. Process until well combined. Pour into prepared crust. Bake 350F for 50 minutes. Dust with finely shredded coconut and walnuts. Let cook before slicing.