Delicious, fast and easy, this shrimp with garlic green beans is a winner hands down!
This dinner is so simple to make, anyone can do it. It’s a gluten free, dairy free dinner that will satisfy and make you feel special.
Shrimp is low in calories, yet rich in nutrients. The antioxidants in shrimp are good for your health. The antioxidant astaxanthin helps to prevent wrinkles and lessens sun damage. Maybe this is why those who live in the Mediterranean have such healthy skin.
Shrimp also has plenty of selenium which is a powerful antioxidant that may reduce the risk of certain cancers and protect against heart disease.
- 1 lb frozen peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 tbsp tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 garlic gloves, minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 lb frozen or fresh long green beans
- In a bowl mix shrimp in tamari, sesame oil and ginger. Let marinate in the fridge for at least an hour.
- In a large non stick frying pan add a few dashes of olive oil, garlic and red pepper, and cook on medium heat for a few seconds.
- Add in beans and stir to coat beans with mixture and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in shrimp and the marinade and cook until shrimp turns pink (approx 3 minutes)
Original Recipe by Shirley Plant. To view other recipes by Shirley, click here.