These chocolate cherry walnut bites are great before or after a workout, as a snack or for breakfast.
Loaded with plant protein, healthy fats and naturally sweetened, these chocolate cherry walnut bites are vegan, gluten free, dairy free and are perfect for the whole family to indulge in.
This is another amazing recipe from The Tribal Wellness Online Health Portal.
The Tribal Wellness Online Health Portal offers healthy plant based recipes that are free of gluten and dairy. We also offer at home or gym workouts, yoga, pilates, meditations, health webinars and nutritional support.
Having access to this online wellness program will allow you to take advantage of healthy options all in one place. What could be better than logging on and being able to find upper and lower body workouts that you can do at home or at the gym. Maybe you prefer yoga or pilates, we have that in there. You may be feeling stressed out and want to tap into our 21 day of meditations that will calm your mind and body.
If you’d like access to our Tribal Wellness Program email me so I can grant you access. firstname.lastname@example.org
Being part of a Tribe is the best as you have ongoing support!
Here are 10 science based health benefits of walnuts:
- rich in antioxidants
- a great plant source of Omega-3 fatty acids
- may decrease inflammation
- promotes a healthy gut
- helps to prevent prostate and breast cancer
- improves memory
- improves sperm quality
- aids in weight management
- prevents heart disease
- makes hair and nails healthier and stronger
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3 tbsp water or coconut oil
- sachet Complete Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Soak cherries in hot water for 30 minutes
- Remove cherries from water and keep the water
- In a food processor mix cherries and 1 cup of walnuts, process for a few second.
- Add protein powder, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, chia seeds, and coconut flour, process until combined
- Scrap down sides of food processor if necessary
- Add remaining walnuts and process lightly, don’t process too much, leave them a bit chunky
- Roll into balls and store in the fridge