Boosting your immunity for the winter season is so important!
Washing your hands is key, however there are many other ways to boost your immunity.
- Eat real living foods– stop eating junk food, packaged food, sugary treats. Refined sugars suppress your immune system for hours after ingested. The best rule is eat what Mother Nature provides. For example, if it comes from a plant don’t eat it, if it grows on a plant eat it.
- Get exercise and fresh air- get lots of fresh air, walk, run, skip, dance outside in your backyard or in the forest. Breathing in fresh clean air calms the nervous system and helps your body detox naturally.
- Lower stress- take up meditation, mindfulness, yoga, or exercise to de-stress. Watch funny animal videos. Laughter helps the lymph system which creates more natural killer cells. Click here to learn more about how laughter can boost the immune system
- Take Supplements- supplements being recommended for COVID-19 and influenza are Vitamins, A, C, D, E, minerals like magnesium, zinc and herbs.
- Flood your body with plants– flood your body with pure fruit and vegetables capsules, as a result it will build your immunity naturally.
Supplements & nutraceuticals for boosting Immunity:
- Juice Plus- pure farm fresh nutrition in a capsule or chewable form. Over 33 vegetables and fruits, including the peel, seeds and leaves (where most of the nutrition is) are made into a smoothie and lightly dehydrated and put into capsules. Fruits and vegetables contain natural vitamins which the body can recognize easier than supplements. Juice Plus is NSF certified and approved. The soil and produce is tested four times for contaminants and herbicides. All products are non GMO and vegan. You can check out their research on improving immunity by clicking here
- Elderberry- has been used in folk medicine for centuries to treat influenza, colds and sinusitis. It has been reported to have antiviral activity against influenza and herpes simplex. Juice plus vineyard blend contains elderberry click here to learn more
- Vitamin A – can improve immunity by helping epithelial tissues and improving the probiotic bacteria lactobacillus in the microbiome. It helps to maintain mucous membranes and our respiratory system. Too much Vitamin A can be harmful. Vitamin A taken with Vitamin D can be synergistic. Foods high in vitamin A are liver, cod liver oil and carrots. It helps to maintain
- Vitamin C – You may have heard of success with intravenous Vitamin C for immunity for cancer. Vitamin C for the Treatment of Coronavirus (COVID-19) is available at ISOM.CA.
- Vitamin D3 – There is a lot of research with vitamin D (more specifically, calcitriol) in the body’s immune system. A few foods naturally supply vitamin D: Beef liver, cheese, egg yolks and fatty fish, cod liver oil and mushrooms. It’s best to get your Vitamin D naturally – either from the sun and food, or though supplementation. So important to have a blood test to measure Vit D.
- Zinc – has been proven to disrupt this virus . Two foods rich in Zinc are oysters and pumpkin seeds.
- Magnesium – has a strong relation with the immune system. it is estimated that 80% of North American are magnesium deficient. High magnesium foods include dark leafy greens, seeds, beans, fish, whole grains, nuts, dark chocolate, yogurt, avocados, bananas. If you supplement Magnesium and overdo it, the fail-safe is diarrhea so you will know when you have had too much.
I highly recommend taking Juice Plus pure fruit and vegetable capsules. They are delivered right to your door. Also, for any adult that chooses to take Juice Plus they can receive FREE product for a child aged 4-21 for up to four years. How amazing is it that a company is offering free fruit and vegetable capsules or gummies to children. To find out more about getting this for your child or a child you love click here or email me firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for more cold and flu prevention tips? Click here