This Bison Stir Fry is easy, healthy and delicious. Give this bison stir fry a try and let me know what you think of the recipe.
Grass fed bison is a healthy, lean meat that is full of protein and a great alternative to beef.
Bison is leaner than beef and is a healthier choice if you want to reduce your fat intake but continue to eat meat products. It has nearly 25% fewer calories than beef and is lower in total saturated fat. I find bison a much more tender meat.
We purchase bison from our local farmer who raises grass fed bison.
Looking for more bison recipes, check out my bison paleo chili recipe here.
- 1 pound grass fed bison, new striploin, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 cup avocado or olive oil
- 1 small purple onion, diced
- garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste (optional if you have issues with tomatoes)
- 2 bok choy, cut
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 cups snow peas
- sea salt
- 2 cups cauliflower rice ( you can buy this frozen at Costco or make your own in a food processor)
- handful of nuts ( optional)
- Preheat a cast iron frying pan. Add in onions and saute for a few minutes
- Add in peppers and continue to saute for a few minutes. Once done remove from pan
- Add in a little oil to the pan and cook bison and add in tomato paste if using
- Add cauliflower rice to bison and cook until done, add in salt
- Add in the rest of the cooked vegetables and snow peas and lightly saute until peas are soft
I took this recipe from Dr Mark Hyman and changed a few ingredients- Enjoy