Back To School Vegan Granola Bars, Gluten Free & Nut Free
Looking for back school snacks that are free of nuts, gluten, dairy and eggs? These soft and chewy granola bars are low in sugar, high in protein and make a great snack for kids or adults.
Having the right combination of protein, carbohydrates and fat in a school snacks are a must. We don’t want to send our kids to school with sugary, empty calorie snacks. This will simply spike their blood sugar and make it harder for them to concentrate.
Rolled oats are great as they are slow carbohydrates, therefore they will not spike blood sugar. Adding in sunflower seeds, pepitas and hemp seeds will add protein to this delicious granola bar recipes. Coconut and sunflower seed butter will also provide healthy fats to keep your child feeling full. Cherries and little maple syrup will sweeten these granola bars nicely.
Many of my followers ask me for gluten free and nut free snack ideas and they also specify ones made without dates. This granola bar recipe is made with frozen cherries and raw seeds so it makes for a delicious combination. Let me know how you and your kids enjoy these back to school vegan granola bars.
Looking for other healthy school snacks? Check out this delicious blueberry muffin recipe.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup frozen cherries- let thaw
- 1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1/3 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds or hemp seed
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- In a food processor pulse all ingredients until they come together
- Spread mixture into a greased 8×8 square baking dish and bake 325F for 20-25 minutes
- Let cool, slice into bars and store in fridge