It is so important to protect your eyes from your computer screen if you work at a screen all day.
In today’s world most of us stare at a computer screen for most of the day. We then go home to stare at our cell phone, e-reader or television through the night.
Staring at a computer screen for most of the day can cause many health issues. Here are a few symptoms that you may be experiencing:
- Blurred vision, dry eyes and eye strain
- Tension in your neck, shoulders and back
- Blue Light emission can strain eyes, decrease sleep and mess with your metabolism
- Sensitivity to lights
So now that you know some of these symptoms may be from your computer screen, here are some simple ways to protect your eyes and your health.
- Use the 20/20 rule. Take a break from your computer every 20 minutes. Set your alarm so you remember. Focus on something 20 feet away.
- Remember to blink. Blinking is really important for our eyes – it moistens them, preventing irritation and dryness. Blink 10 times every 20 minutes.
- Use a good computer monitor- Ensure you purchase an eye friendly monitor with higher refresh rates, which are designed to be better for your eyes. You can actually purchase flicker-free computer monitors so that your eyes are less likely to suffer fatigue from high frequency flicker.
- Download Iris software on your computer to reduce blue light emitting from your screens
- Get Blue Blocking Glasses- They protect your eyes from harmful blue light that is emitting from your screens.
- Adjust brightness and use night mode. Both Apple and Android devices can emit a lot of light, so reducing the brightness level can go a long way to reducing some of the eye strain you may be experiencing. Note, however, that this probably won’t fix the flickering.
- Get a Screen Protector- A great way to protect your eyes from your computer screen is to purchase a screen protector that is designed to shield your eyes from harmful blue light. You can get these protective screens for both your mobile and your computer.
I have invested in blue blocking glasses and have noticed a big difference in my neck tension and sleep. It is important to buy good quality blue blocking glasses. Ones that have been tested to block harmful blue light. There are some sold on amazon that are cheap and plasticy and will give your eyes more problems
Here are 3 companies that I have tested and can vouch for along with coupon codes for you to save.
RaOptics- enjoy better sleep, more energyand elevated health. Click here and use coupon code plantwellness at checkout to save.
VivaRays- 3 in 1 blue blocking glasses. Great for day time and night time use. I love wearing my dark blue blocking glasses before bed. It helps me to make melatonin and tells my brain it is time for sleep, even when I am watching TV at night. Click here and use coupon code shirleyplant at check out
Bon Charge- offers blue blocking glasses as well as other EMF protection to block harmful radiation that comes off your Wifi and other smart devices. Click here and use coupon code SP15 to save at checkout